Park Lane Academy

Parent FAQ

Below you will find some of our frequently asked questions.

How do I report a student absence?

In the rare event of your child being absent please ring attendance on  01422 362215 then select Option 1, to report their absence.

How do I contact my child's teacher / head of year?

You can do this via the contact us form on the website and your message will be passed onto the appropriate member of staff or you can ring the school switchboard.

My child has lost an item - how do we find it?

All lost property is handed into student services. The office is located in the student entrance and your child can call outside of lesson time to see if their lost item has been handed in.

How do I get my child some extra help in ....?

If you are seeking additional academic support then your child’s subject teacher would be the first point of contact.

For non academic support you may wish to contact your child’s form tutor in the first instance.

My child has misplaced their tie this morning can they borrow one from school?

The school has a limited supply of spare uniform that can be borrowed, This must be returned at the end of the day.

How can I inform the school of any changes contact details or home address for myself or child?

If your details change during the year you can let us know by ringing the school switchboard or by email